Small Business Marketing Plan – Choosing The Right Domain Name0
In this video you will learn about choosing the right domain name. You will learn:
- What is a domain name
- What is the difference between a good domain name and a bad domain name
- What you should avoid, that most business owners do wrong, when choosing a domain name and how
to avoid it.
- The importance of having a keyword rich domain name as part of your small business marketing
What is a domain name?
Its the part after the http://www.
and it ends in the .com .net .ca or other extentions
For example Google.com or twitter.com
- A good domain name is SEO friendly (keyword rich)
- A Keyword rich domain name is key to any successful business marketing strategy online because
- it is the foundational step in ranking highly and getting found by your customers.
What you should avoid (the bad domain names):
- choosing a “cool’ domain name for your business
- using your company name, unless your business name is keyword rich. Lets use the example my
company name Fast Track Marketing Success however my domain name is SmallBusinessAdvertising.ca
for my business because of the number of searches for this keyword. This one step allowed me
to rank on the first page of Google for the “small business advertising” keyword in a matter
of few weeks with a few posts for a brand new website. But I do own the domain name for my
company name and you should too.
At the time of this video I have less links then some of the more high authoroty wites however I have a 100% keyword density domane name which boosted me to rank higher than websites like entrepreneur.com and about.com with a lot less content.
When choosing your domain name try to get an “exact match” domain name for best results eg. DogTraning.com. If you cannot get an “exact match” then your next option is to go for a “phrase match” eg. MyDogTraining.com or DogTrainingBlog.com
Ideally you want either an exact match or a phrase match domain name, but if you are unable to get those you may consider a “broad match” domain name. For example TrainingYourDog.com
Having your keywords in your domain name will help you in your marketing efforts for your small online or local business. This is the first step in search engine optimization.
Unless you have an extremely high marketing budget you should stick to these boring but seo friendly and keyword rich domain names.
Just by following the simple tips in this video will allow you to rank faster in search engines like google, saves you a lot of effort, time and money when you are trying to achieve high search engine rankings for your local business or online business.
You can find the best domain name from doing your market research. If you have not yet done any market and keyword research check out my video tutorial for “Doing your market